From gallery Cromhall Archive
Memoranda Rectorial and Parochial 1839: Page 13, 1863-
Twenty feet of Brick Wall built in place of shrubbery screen – extending East-ward from the back wall of Greenhouse, with an arched Doorway & strong oak door. Extended in 1865 to about forty-five feet in all.
The well at the Old Parsonage, originally only 16 ft deep, & now in this year (that will be memorable for great drought,) nearly dry – was sunk by boring 11 feet in the month of July. Three ft. of Solid Rock were first bored through – the rest Brash – After some days the water rose and a good supply has been the permanent result – Cost of Boring £2.2.9.
[in a different hand, below:]
There is frequently not a good supply now: sometimes none at all.
W F Curtoys