From gallery Cromhall Archive
Memoranda Rectorial and Parochial 1839: Page 5, 1846-1851
1846. the said obstructing woodwork, was now continued to the bottom of the window. The cost was £7..10.. Done by the Rector.
This year also a paved drain was laid down reaching from the S.W. angle of Chancel to the N.E. corner of Vestry at a cost of £3..15 Done by the Rector.
This year also 498 perch of Tile draining was done in “Old House [inserted above: or Great] Leaze” at a cost of £27.. .. Omitted to be entered last year. The erection of Greenhouse with reservoir etc at East End of Rectory House at a cost of £108.
1847 Church. The Church yard wall to the East and North was rebuilt.
1848 The Tower was fresh pointed and the South and East walls of the Church also. The Basement drain by the S & E walls of the Church was put and what remained to be done of Church yard wall was finished. A rate of 2½d in the pound having been raised not without opposition. NB The whole outside walls of the Church had been “Rough-Cast”.
Amount of Rate, less expences of collecting £1.., was £34..3..9
1850 This year the well on the West side of “Houseleaze” was dug up & an Iron Pump & large stone trough was placed for the better watering the cattle.
1851 This year the Plantation to the N.E. of the Garden & House was set & fenced off in the Corner of “Great Leaze” The quantity of the land taken being 38 perch Bank & ditch measured in.