From gallery Cromhall Archive
Memoranda Rectorial and Parochial 1839: Page 10, 1856-1862
A new paled Gate with side wicket Do. and stone Posts (3) placed at the N. Entrance of the Ba[?]ton Yard.
Mr Dyer of Heath-End House cut down the Ash Trees that stood on each side of the Path way between the School & The Church Yard. This no improvement [?] [?], but on the Contrary, a loss. Wickwar Church Land now in the occupation of J. Phillimore Junr. was, (about half of it) drained with Pipes and Two Stone Pillars placed at Church Yard Gate. The extra expence being met by proceeds of sundry oaks cut down on the Church Lands
[several lines left blank]
About One Acre of the lower part of “House-leaze” was in February of this year drained with Pipes (Lab: 1/6 p perch.)