Berkeley Castle Re-Opens
We are delighted to announce that Berkeley Castle will be re-opening on Sunday 19th July 2020! We are really looking forward to showing you a warm and safe welcome to the Castle every Sunday to Wednesday until the end of October.
The Castle has witnessed some fascinating and unusual times during its 850 year history as the Berkeley family home. And today this history, together with its unique atmosphere, remarkable buildings and beautiful gardens, makes it a truly multi-generational attraction.
So send word to grandparents, other family members and friends who you haven’t seen for a while: It’s time to visit the Castle!
During these unusual times, you can rest assured that we have put into place lots of steps to ensure that everyone is kept safe during their visit. And although you might not see it behind their protective masks, our friendly staff will be their usual smiley selves while they help everyone play their part in safe social distancing. Our precautions include:
• All tickets must be purchased online - there is a limited number of visitor slots available each day.
• There will be one-way routes in the Castle and the garden terraces, with a cap on visitors inside the Castle at any one time.
• There will be no dressing-up area, but the children’s Dragon Trail and woodland play area will be available.
• We will be operating a ‘one in-one out’ policy for the toilets, and these will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
• There will be cashless payments for our takeaway food & drink facility to avoid unnecessary contact.
• The Butterfly House and shop will remain closed.
• The Walled Garden Café (formally The Yurt) will not be open on Monday to Wednesday and you will need to pre-book a ticket if you would like to visit on a Sunday (this is separate to the Castle admission). Please visit thewalledgardencafe.com.
If you would like further information, please contact the Berkeley Castle Estate Office on 01453 512991 or email below.