We are one of the leading providers of business support in the West of England and are dedicated to helping small businesses to start, develop and grow. We are currently expanding our team and are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as Business Programme Administrator.
We are passionate about to helping small businesses to thrive and reach their full potential, as well as supporting aspiring entrepreneurs to start successful businesses. We want to make a difference and aim to foster a sustainable local business economy, where local businesses support local businesses.
This is a key role in helping us to achieve this. The main purpose is to oversee each client’s “Business Support” journey, enabling us to support them to take the next step in their business journey. As Business Programme Administrator you will have a wide range of responsibilities making this an interesting and varied role.
• Be an initial point of contact for new clients - answering basic queries using telephone and email.
• To manage the central email inbox.
• Accurately inputting data and maintaining the CRM.
• To manage the client registration process ensuring that all new clients complete a registration form and that the forms are processed in accordance with our processes using Zoho CRM.
• To oversee each client’s journey, ensuring that bookings are completed, paperwork is logged onto the CRM and documentation relating to their programme is prepared, managed and maintained in compliance with the terms of the contract / GDPR.
• To carry out “Keeping in Touch” calls with pre-start businesses to check on progress and start dates.
• Follow up on referrals into the service ensuring that clients are contacted as per the referral and referrers are updated in a timely manner.
• To carry out client administration relating to webinars and workshops (pre and post)
• To moderate webinars as required using Zoom
• To attend “in-person” workshops to meet and greet clients and carry out registration paperwork
• To support weekly, month end and quarter end reporting processes
• To track, manage and report on client feedback
• Provide general administrative support including: filing, scanning, photocopying
• Ensure compliance with Data Protection / GDPR legislation at all times
The Successful candidate will:
• Have worked in an administration role previously or in a role with a strong administrative element.
• Have great interpersonal and communication skills and able to quickly build credible relationships with clients.
• Be passionate about wanting to make a difference to the businesses we support.
• Be able to self-manage and work independently, as well as part of a small team.
• Be pro-active and process driven and have an eye for detail.
• Be confident and competent in the use of MS Office, CRM, and be IT savvy.
• Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Data Protection legislation (including GDPR).
• Always be willing to learn and help.
• As some travel may be required, you will need to have a full driving licence. A travel allowance will be paid.
This role will suit someone looking to be part of a small but growing Company and wanting to use their skills and experience to make a real difference. If you would like further information regarding this role and would like to apply, please submit your CV by email with a covering letter explaining what you could bring to this role.
Brick House, 21 Horse Street, Chipping Sodbury BS37 6DA
Tel: 0800 0418293