Permanent Part Time (0.9 FTE)
We have an exciting opportunity for a new colleague to join our South Glos team coordinating the Community Mentoring Project within the South Glos area. You will recruit, train and support a team of volunteers to build positive and meaningful relationships with vulnerable young people and help support them on their way to independence.
We are particularly keen to increase applications from ethnic minorities, Black/Black British Muslim and male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We would also like applications from people with relevant lived experience.
Please find full details of how to apply via our website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59, Monday 18 July 2022.
If you need an adjustment to be made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the Southwest, working with over 1,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues, and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
• A dynamic and experienced coordinator who has worked with volunteers before.
• Someone who understands the causes and consequences of homelessness for young people.
• Someone who wants to enable young people to build positive relationships with trusted adults to truly make a difference in their lives.
What you will be doing:
• Using your skills in engaging and enabling people, you will recruit, train and support volunteers to become community mentors.
• You will be proactive in liaising with agencies to attract relevant referrals of young people.
• By using your good judgment and insight, you will enable the matching process between young people and mentors.
• You will support and enable the ongoing relationship between young people and mentors.
• Your organisational experience will enable you to effectively collate relevant information to provide monitoring and evaluation of the project.
You will be a member of the South Glos team and your line manager will be our South Glos Services Manager.
If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but you are worried about the application process, please get in touch with us. We encourage you to have an informal chat with the recruiting manager to discuss how your personal or professional experience and skills could be transferred to this role. Details of how you can do that are further down in this advert.
What we are offering:
• An excellent working environment with the opportunity for flexible working
• The chance to be a part of a great team who provide support to each other
• Extensive and ongoing training opportunities
• Hours per week: 34 (this represents 0.9 FTE)
• Contract type: Permanent
• Pay: £24,920 - £26,446 per annum (pro rata based on FTE)
• The location: Our South Glos office is based in Patchway and there is free parking on site. There is also flexibility and support to manage working from home.
• To access the Job Pack for this role and submit an application, please visit the vacancy page on our website below.
• Please refer to the Cover Letter guidance below to ensure your application can progress to the shortlisting stage.
• To have an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com
• If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application deadline closes: 23:59, Monday 18 July 2022.
• If you have not heard from us by 5pm on Wednesday 19 July 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on Tuesday 26 July 2022 at our office in Old Market, Bristol.
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information.
58-59 Old Market Street, Bristol BS2 0ER
Tel: 0117 317 8800