Charles Saunders Ltd, a Bristol based wholesale company, are currently seeking Full Time, Permanent, Multi Drop Delivery Drivers to join our busy transport team in Yate, Bristol.
3.5T/ Sprinter Driver = £22,000.00 per annum (Twenty Two Thousand Pounds).
Class 2/ Cat C Driver = £30,800.00 per annum (Thirty Thousand, Eight Hundred Pounds)
Plus a monthly performance related bonus.
You will be required to work an average of 48 hours per week over a 26 week period.
Monday-Friday, From 06:00-finish, you will be required to work Saturdays on a rota basis – additional payment will be made for Saturday working. Rotation may vary depending on economic needs of the business.
Probation Period: 6 Months
Reporting To: Logistics Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Charles Saunders Ltd have been established in Bristol for over 50 years and are one of the largest independent foodservice companies in the South West. We supply a full range of frozen, chilled and ambient foods, as well as frozen seafood and an extensive range of non-food catering products.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will suit someone who has a Full UK Driving License, is enthusiastic, has a flexible attitude and ideally has multi-drop delivery experience.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Driving company vehicles to deliver food and disposable goods to customers in a safe and responsible manner
• Bulk picking items from the back of a van/lorry and carrying goods to point requested by the customer
• Collecting cash and/or cheques from customers for the goods delivered
• Recording temperature of the vehicles chiller and freezer ensuring temperatures are kept within the critical limits, reporting any issues to the Transport Management team
• Driving safely and in a manner to minimise wear and tear
• Returning run sheets and cash collections to the Accounts department
• On return to the depot take undelivered goods to the relevant area in the warehouse
• Completing relevant paperwork and returning it to the Transport department
• Ensuring your vehicle is kept clean and tidy inside and out
• Assisting warehouse personnel with vehicle loading where necessary
• To pass on any orders or messages from customers to a telesales operator and Transport management team.
Skills & Attributes:
• Must hold a Full UK Driving License and have less than 6 points
• CPC Driver Qualification is desirable, the company can assist with training if required
• Previous knowledge of using a Digital Tachograph is desirable
• Individual commitment to providing superior customer service on a consistent basis
• Have a positive, proactive and enthusiastic personality
• Excellent driving skills in a variety of conditions, and must have knowledge of traffic laws and standard practices of courtesy on the road
• Be presentable to promote the company image in a positive manner
• You will need to be physically fit for this position as the job involves a lot of manual handling of heavy goods
• Experience of Multi-Drop is desirable
All applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.K.
Charles Saunders Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a policy of non discrimination.
Due to the volume of applications received only successful applicants will receive a response.
To apply please email your CV - alternatively telephone us to obtain an application form.
Charles Saunders Ltd, Armstrong Way, Yate BS37 5NG
Tel: 01454 338132