Permanent, 36 hours per week
We have an opportunity for two new colleagues to join our Woodleaze team. If you have a desire to support young people and to develop support and housing management experience, we want to hear from you.
We are passionate about what we do, and we work hard to make a positive change to young people’s lives. Join us and be a part of this amazing effort to end youth homelessness!
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the Southwest, working with over 1,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues, and this is at the core of our work.
Woodleaze is a 24-hour high support 18-bed accommodation service for young people in South Glos. It is a modern, young person co-designed project with excellent facilities for young people including a common room, a training kitchen, and a huge garden.
We are striving to better represent the young people we support and therefore are particularly keen to increase applications from people belonging to ethnic minority groups, Muslim and male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We would also like applications from people with relevant lived experience.
Please find full details of how to apply via our website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 10:00, Wednesday 07 December 2022.
If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
What we are looking for:
• You are resilient and can work on your own initiative, but also alongside your team and colleagues, ensuring a safe and thriving environment for young people.
• You are an enthusiastic team player, willing to get stuck in, be it running an activity or helping clean a room.
• You maintain professional boundaries and offer clear and consistent messages to young people who may present challenging behaviour, be chaotic, distressed and have learned not to trust.
• Previous experience is not required as these posts offer an ideal opportunity to start your career in the sector in a role which is meaningful, highly skilled, and which can be challenging but is very rewarding.
If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but you are worried about the application process, please get in touch with us. We encourage you to have an informal chat with the recruiting manager to discuss how your personal or professional experience and skills could be transferred to this role. Details of how you can do that are at the end of this advert.
What you will be doing:
• In this pivotal role, you will ensure a safe, homely environment at the project, including help to ensure the security of the building when on shift, including responding appropriately to unacceptable or challenging behaviour.
• By being well organised, efficient, and effective, you will ensure accurate and timely communication and record keeping, including reporting repairs and health and safety concerns.
• Supporting young people, your colleagues, and the team in promoting and facilitating a positive rent culture.
• Working waking nights on a four on, four off rota pattern.
You will be in the Woodleaze team, and your line manager will be our Senior Project Worker.
What we are offering:
• 30 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays or a day in lieu if working a bank holiday (pro rata).
• Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
• A relaxed dress code every day!
• An opportunity to work in a Psychologically Informed Environment.
• A culture of mutual openness, shared values, understanding, friendliness, supportiveness and cooperation. (From Colleague Wellbeing Survey 2021)
• Hours per week: 36 hours per week (this represents 0.9 FTE)
• Contract type: Permanent
• Pay: £24,054 - £25,409 per annum (pro rata based on 0.9 FTE)
• The location: You will be based in Woodleaze in Yate, within walking distance of the train station with excellent links to central Bristol.
• To access the Job Pack for this role and apply, please visit the vacancy webpage on our website below.
• Please refer to the Cover Letter guidance below to ensure your application can progress to the shortlisting stage.
• To have an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com
• If you have any general queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application deadline closes: 10:00 on Wednesday 07 December 2022.
• If you have not heard from us by Thursday 09 December 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on Friday 16 December 2022 at Woodleaze.
Covering Letter/Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information.
58-59 Old Market Street, Bristol BS2 0ER
Tel: 0117 317 8800